Instagram is one of the most popular apps. But every person is unique with different likings and dislikings. If you don’t want to use an Instagram account because you don’t like using it. Or you just want to delete one of your accounts from many. If you have made the confirmed decision of deleting your Instagram account using Android, iPhone, or PC, we will provide you with a complete guide on how to delete your instagram account.
Before deleting your Instagram permanently, it is important to back up any sort of content that you like to keep. To create backup you must log in to your account. There you can easily create a backup by going to Settings > Security > Create Backup. You can download all kinds of images, videos even comments, and profile information as well.
How To Delete An Instagram Account On iPhone
- Open the Instagram app with the account you wish to delete on iPhone
- Open your profile section
- Tap on a menu option in the top right corner (Three horizontal lines)
- After opening the menu, Go to “Settings”
- Select the “Account” option
- Scroll down to an option names “Delete account” and tap on it.
- Select a reason why you want to delete the account.
- Re-Enter your account password.
- Tap on the “Permanently delete my account”
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion. Tap on it to confirm.
- That’s it.
How to Delete Instagram Account On Android
Unfortunately, there are no options available to delete your Instagram account within the app using Android. But you can easily delete your account using a web browser using your Android device or even PC. The guide to deleting an instagram account using an Android web browser is the same as deleting an account on your pc. The guide is given below.
How To Delete Instagram Account On A PC Or Web Browser
- Open any website browser such as Google Chrome on your pc.
- Visit instagram official website.
- Log in to your instagram account if you wish to delete
- After successful login, go to your profile by clicking on your profile icon probably in the top right corner.
- There you will see the “Edit profile” option. Click on it and it will take you to the settings page.
- Find and click on the “Delete Account” option.
- Choose the most fit option about why you want to delete instagram account from the list.
- To continue you have to re-enter your account’s password.
- Click on the “Delete account” option.
- Thats it.
In conclusion, you should carefully decide whether you want to delete your instagram account or just want a break from it. If you want a little break from Instagram it is advisable to deactivate the account instead of deleting it. Because after 30 days your instagram account will be permanently deleted and there is no way you can get your account back. But if you don’t like to use Instagram or it is negatively affecting your life you should go for it. After your final decision to delete instagram account for your betterment, follow our easy step-by-step guide to delete your account.